Do you want to Learn2speakSwedish?
My name is Pär-Johan Goody-Rohdin and I'm a native speaker of Swedish. I teach Swedish classes and do Private Tutoring (face-to-face and online).
I have lived in Australia since 2004. I was a teacher of Swedish for the Swedish School of WA between 2006 and 2017. I’ve been tutoring privately since 2008.
I love to teach Swedish.
Below you will find all the relevant information including Payment details and Registration form.
For further information, please email Learn2speakSwedish@gmail.com.
Learn2speakSwedish offers two courses for adults - a Beginners course and a Continuing Beginners course.
The lessons are held on Mondays from 6.30pm to 9.00pm (2.5 hours with a short break).
Dates for the future courses are listed below (dates subject to change).
- the alphabet and pronunciation
- the most common punctuation marks (? ! - . , etc.)
- words of family members (wife, father, child etc.)
- question words (when, where, how etc.)
- telling time (clock)
- times of the day (morning, night etc.)
- days of the week
- months of the year
- dates (1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th etc.)
- introduce yourself
- personal pronouns (I, you, he etc.)
- some common verbs (in present tense)
- conversational Swedish (meeting and greeting, basic story telling etc.)
- basic writing, listening & reading comprehension- some basic rules of indefinite/definite nouns in singular/plural (a car, the car, two cars, the cars)
Note! For the course to run, I need a minimum of six students. If less than six students register, other options might be available.
7 lessons (including course material): $279
If you want an English/Swedish dictionary, I recommend Norstedts engelska ordbok Pro, which is available electronically.
That way you'll always have it with you. It contains about 280,000 headwords and phrases.
You can buy it here: Android or Apple.
Course material will be handed out at the first lesson. Please bring your own pen, note pad and water!
Please register by completing the form below together with your payment.
Please pay by bank transfer (see below) or by credit card: PayPal.me.
Account name: Par-Johan Goody-Rohdin
Bank: RaboDirect BSB: 142-201 Account number: 004 665 500 Amount: $279
Please use your surname and first initial as reference (e.g. Smith M).
Manning Community Centre lies behind the Manning shopping centre on Welwyn Avenue, which runs off Manning Road.
The entrance to the free underground car park is on Bradshaw Cresent (turn right at the first roundabout on Welwyn Avenue).
Waterford Plaza is 1.5kms further east along Manning Road. At Waterford Plaza there is a range of food outlets if you wish to get a quick meal before the lesson starts. Food is not allowed in the class room.
Below you can see three (very detailed) ways of entering Manning Community Centre, please scroll down to see them all.
For a Google map, click here.
3. Walk acroos the outdoor area and through the glass doors.
4. Walk to the end of the corridor to the door on the left.
5. This is the door to the Meeting room.
6. This is the Manning Meeting Room.
Walking: Entrance to Manning Community Centre via Conochie Cresent
1. Walk up the stairs.
2. Enter through the glass doors.
3. Walk to the end of the corridor and through the glass doors.
Note! This is where the toilets are.
6. This is the door to the Meeting room.
1. Enter here.
2. Enter through the glass doors.